Celebrity hairstylist Larry Sims worked his magic once again at the 2015 Emmy Awards, creating the bold and beautiful “Power Pony” for Orange Is The New Black’s star, Danielle Brooks. Check out the mane moves here and make the “Power Pony” your own:
1. Prep hair with Smooth ‘N Shine Argan Power 10 Treatment Oil for thermal protection and sheen and then blow dry until hair is smoothed out.
2. Apply use a pomade throughout the hairline and crown of the head to define edges, smooth down flyways and create a sleek look.
3. Gather all hair at the nape of the neck using a paddle brush and create a tight, low ponytail and lock in place with a hook elastic.
4. Then, wrap 26-inch long human hair extensions across the base of the ponytail in a clockwise direction, securing the weft with pins.
5. Take a small section of the extensions and wrap around the elastic, to hide the elastic. Secure with a pin.
6. Midway down the back, take another small section of the extensions and wrap it tightly in a downward motion to create a roping effect, stopping about a foot from the end.
7. Finish the look off with a spritz of Smooth ‘N Shine Instant Repair Spray-On Polisher for extra shine.