A gorgeous style, like the one pictured here crafted hair pro Carole Soueidan, is stunning. But when the mood strikes for a style shift—without a major cut or color commitment—what do you do? Here, hair pro Soueidan shares five of her favorite ways to quickly, and easily, style shift a hairstyle!
- LOOSEN UP “If I start out with curly hair, I’ll brush it out and that will help me change the texture and make it looser,” says Soueidan. For a more relaxed look, soften your spirals by brushing through them with a paddle brush.
- VOLUMIZE “There’s always teasing, to create more volume and widen the curl,” the stylist shares. Use a diffuser, or your fingers, to fluff up your tresses and add height and shape to your silhouette.
- SWITCH TOOLS If you tend to stick with one styling tool—or even one size styling tool—try using something new to create a totally different look, says the hair pro. “Sometimes I can use a curling wand instead of a curling iron to make really tight curls.”
- PLAY WITH YOUR PART “Brush the hair in the opposite direction of what you’re used to,” Souiedan suggests. Sounds simple, right? By moving your part from one side to the center (or the opposite side) you can quickly achieve a brand new style.
- GO BOLD Soueidan’s biggest piece of advice for mixing up your mane: It’s all about attitude. “Be brave! Be daring! Don’t always commit to one certain look. Don’t be afraid to change it up. Be as creative as you can, and have fun with it!”
Photo: Hair, Makeup: Carole Souiedan; Photos: Barry Druxman.